Have you ever wondered what types of necklaces you can find? We usually see lots and lots of different types of women's necklaces, but mostly we look at the length. Depending on our personal taste, but also on the type of neckline and even on the occasion, we choose different types of necklaces: short necklaces, big necklaces, long necklaces...
THE 6 TYPES OF NECKLACES AND HOW TO FIND THE RIGHT NECKLACE FOR YOU
Today in LAVANI we come to show you the different types of necklaces so that you have no doubt about how to choose the right necklace. Women's necklaces are a historical piece that has been present since the beginnings of jewelry. If used well, they can stylize a woman's neck giving it an elegant and sophisticated touch, depending on what you are looking for.
Chocker: Let's tell you about the different types of necklaces in order, from shortest to longest. The first one would be the Chocker. Its length is usually about 30.5 cm, although it can vary. It is adjusted around the neck, by the central part. Although it is an elegant necklace that will look great on whoever wears it, we recommend it above all for short hair or, failing that, for updos and even more if the neckline is pronounced. In this way, this short necklace for women will stylize and highlight your neck and neckline leaving it free and clean.
- Necklace: In the second place we would find the necklace. The women's necklace has a length of 40 cm normally. These models are placed around the base of the neck. Depending on your height and your size, it can be placed directly on the collarbone or it can be adjusted a little bit more like a choker. If you want to know how to choose the right necklace, this necklace is perfect for you when you want to look slimmer, although it will depend on your size - choose between Chocker and necklace!
- Princess: A curious name if ever there was one, isn't it? Its length is usually about 45 cm. It is the most popular choice for pendants, the standard pendant or large women's necklace that you can find most often. It falls just below the throat, between the collarbones. These are elegant necklaces because of their length. Wear it on its own if it's a special occasion or pair it with Chockers or Short Women's Necklaces to follow the Layering trend.
- Martine: Adding a few centimeters, we find this long necklace whose length is usually 51 cm. This type of women's necklaces fall a few centimeters below the collarbone. Just like the Princess necklace, they are perfect to combine with other necklaces, to wear with low-cut garments or over a turtleneck. But if you are looking for a large women's necklace for everyday wear, this is the right size. In addition, Martine necklaces give a great security by stylizing the whole area of your neckline.
- Opera: The length of Opera necklaces is about 76 cm. They fall below any neckline, so if you want to know if this is the right necklace to choose, it will be in one of the following two occasions: if your neckline is extremely pronounced, it will give a sensual and different touch to your look. If, on the other hand, your neckline is quite closed, it will give a modern and special touch to the outfit, since it will be above the garment you are wearing.
- Rope: Its length is usually about 91 cm. These are usually long pearl necklaces, although you can also find other types, such as gold chain Rope necklaces. They hang below the bust and, as we have said, this measurement is usually reserved for long and beaded necklaces, such as pearl necklaces. You can also wrap them double around your neck to create a double chain effect - the possibilities are endless!
And remember, if in doubt, here's some extra advice on how to choose the right necklace.
- Use a piece of string or yarn to measure the length and height you want your necklace to be.
- Use a tape measure or ruler to determine the length of the rope.
- You can also use the image below as a reference.